At EHTC, we are active in the community. As a corporate citizen, EHTC strongly believes in the vitality of the Grand Rapids area. We recognize that a well-rounded business is measured not only by profitability, customer satisfaction, and professional growth, but also by its role in the community it shares. By joining together, we know we can make a difference in the lives of others.
Chipping for Charity Golf Outing
Since 1987, we have hosted an annual charity golf outing. Our golf outing, Chipping for Charity, provides an opportunity to help our community by donating to a worthy, local charity and enjoying a day of golf, fun, and camaraderie. Participants may golf, attend the reception, sponsor a sign at one of the tees, donate to the charity, or donate door prizes.
This year, EHTC would like to congratulate South End Community Outreach Ministries (SECOM) as the 27th Annual Chipping for Charity recipient. SECOM’s mission is to serve people living with hunger and poverty in Kent County. SECOM’s plans for the money include:
• Increasing the pounds of fresh food available from approximately 2,000 pounds in 2012 to 5,000 pounds in 2013
• Providing fresh food to 12,390 pantry clients this year
• Distributing 6,000 recipe cards through the pantry
Our 26th annual charity outing held on September 19, 2012 raised about $10,400 for Hospice of Michigan James B. Fahner M.D. Pediatric Hospice Care Program.
Our 25th annual charity outing, held on September 21, 2011, raised $8,828 for the Family Hope Foundation!
Since 1987, we have raised over a total of $230,000 for these charities:
- Mercy Respite
- Rose Haven
- Christian Learning Center
- Literacy Council
- Traveling Grannies and Grandpas
- Northoek Academy
- In the Image
- Good Homes, Inc.
- Black Education Excellence Program (BEEP)
- Adoptive Family Support Network
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)
- Home Repair Services of Kent County
- North Kent Service Center
- Genesis NonProfit Housing Center
- Gerontology Network's Experience Corps Program
- CLC Network's Horizons Program & Ready for Life Academy
- Gilda's Club Grand Rapids
- Children's Assessment Center
- The Family Hope Foundation
- Hospice of Michigan
EHTC chooses a different local charity each year to donate the proceeds of our annual Chipping for Charity outing. If you have a favorite charity you would like to see benefit from this outing, visit our Chipping for Charity Nomination Page to find out how you can nominate them.
If you have questions, contact Kristen Cichon.
Jeans Day @ Work for Charity
If you visit our office on a Friday, you may notice staff members wearing jeans. Our Friday dress policy allows staff to wear jeans in exchange for a contribution to the "charity jeans fund." We donate the money to a different charity each quarter.
Several team members have been classroom instructors in the Junior Achievement Program. They have taught in the Grandville and Forest Hills school systems. This is a great opportunity for students to learn about business and economics from experts.
Many of our team members serve on non-profit boards and at other volunteer organizations in order to give back to the community. Several team members teach classes at Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW).