Dennis M. Echelbarger, CPA/CFF/CGMA
Valuation and Litigation Support/Assurance
Dennis M. Echelbarger, CPA/CFF/CGMA is the founder (1977) and former Chairman of the Board of the CPA firm of Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. (EHTC) in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He spent eleven years as an employee and partner in another local CPA firm and four years as the Chief Financial Officer of several manufacturing and wholesaling companies. He taught at Davenport University and for the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA). Dennis earned the designation Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), which indicates specialized forensic accounting experience. He also earned the Charter Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation. CGMA is the new global designation for CPAs working in business and government.
Dennis is a member of and has served on many industry associations, along with education and community boards. He has also been recognized for his accomplishments:
- Presented the Distinguished Achievement Award by the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Commission on Community Action and Economic Opportunity appointed by Governor Snyder
- Board of Trustees at Aquinas College
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of the MACPA; he served on the board for fourteen years and is currently the West Michigan liaison for government relations
- Past Member of Council of the American Institute of CPAs
- Member of the Financial Consulting Group, L.C.
- Past member of the Michigan State Bar’s Multi-Disciplinary Practice Committee
- Candidate Member of the American Society of Appraiser
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Dennis has acted as an advisor and consultant to numerous small and medium-sized business and nonprofit organizations in the areas of finance, acquisition, merger, and sale. He is an active business valuator with businesses in the areas of service, professional, retail, finance, construction, wholesale, real estate and manufacturing. Dennis is active in the area of financial forensics and has assisted and testified in several cases involving various types of fraud. Dennis is also active in the local Grand Rapids community.